Tuesday, April 5, 2011

yves klein's







     



Chloe:  i don't agree with that   often i regect a work until i hear and learn about the context
Abby:  I'm really enjoying art history because I'm seeing the context and why they were so important.

Chloe:  Van Gough - i get it now
Abby:  what is a museum?? - a place where this work is REALLY out of context

Are galleries - what is the purpose?
- who is the intended patron


curation  - there are reasons... but it's not apparent unless you are steeped in the history

Abby:  I hate Eves Cline - the whole body of work didn't make me like it.
Abbi:  but he made" the pigment

Matt:  is it important that the artists tells people about their work????  Do you need

Courtney: I think you need just enough.  just enough to start an idea - but you can branch off...  lets you be fluid in seeing what you want to

Chloe:  want something to hook you in
Matt:  i think it's part of the artists job to be clear about what they are doing rather than provide you with a vat of paint.... 

Abby:  I'm o.k. with having to work for it - I may get it or not

Matt:  I want people to be clear about what you're saying... so we can have ad ialog

Mariah:  part of art that is so awesome is the mass about of ways something can be interpretaed, and the ways it's loved and hated.  That's the connection and people'sconnection to it - it's realative

Abby:  it's like a joke, knock knock jokes, no one over the age of 3 likes them because you don't have to work for it.  If you feel a little smart for getting it - reward. 
the Milton Glazer - I heart NY - before it was just a little bit of a puzzle....  people love puzzles

Matt:  the vat of paint, you didn't give me anything other than having to have me do research about it, if you didn't care enough to give me a statement.. why should I care

Chloe:  it's a little narsistic

Matt:  maybe it's about achivement and status?

Abby  but you g back to Ives line - he was part of an art world darling, he was a big personality...  I don't think a smaller personality would have gotten away with the work he did

Chloe:  I think the puzzle analogy really makes sense to me

Abby:  people love Mystery novels
if you figure it out too early, you cease to be interested....
I thnk someone who ames a color after himself....


his work was about a visual affect
almost like  a trippy experient
"did that blue not next before"

group  = IT EXISTED

Matt:  "that couch is the same color"

No one did it before.
and the fact that we are still talking about it....

No comments:

Post a Comment