Monday, April 18, 2011

Manifesto

Recently, I discovered my direction in life. I want to illustrate and write children's books.
I guess the reasons were always there, but I've just now connected them all together.
I want kids to know that there is no wrong way to live their lives as long as they are not hurting anyone. And I believe the best time to reach them is when they are very young. From what I've seen, kid's books generally portray the nuclear family and don't even acknowledge anything that goes against conservative values. For that reason, I also want to give parents a resource to share with their children that portrays more accepting and loving values. When I have kids, I want to have a book I can read to them at bedtime that can help me instill respectable values into them in addition to the examples I set. I want kids to know that there is no wrong way to live their lives, as they grow up. Happiness is most important, as long as no one else is unhappy as a result. I want to get kids early, before they are exposed to all the unsolicited hate and negativity in the world. I don't want to oversimplify things, I want to render them into something more easily understandable without censoring or omitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment